|Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi|
- Full Name:- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
- Date Of Birth:- 2 October, 1869
- Place of Birth:- Porbandar(India)
- Education:- Law from University College London
- Father's Name:- Karamchand Gandhi
- Mother's Name:- Putlibai Gandhi
- Father's Profession:- Diwan Of Porbandar State
- Wife's Name:- Kasturba Gandhi
- Children:- Harilal, Manilal, Ramdas, Devdas
- Date Of Death:- 30 January, 1948
- Popular Names:- Mahatma Gandhi, Bapu
|BA with BAPU|
He faced many different injustice situation there. After seeing injustice racism against Indians in South Africa, He decided to remove these injustice things. Mahatma Gandhi started Satyagraha there first time. Due to this Satyagraha, South African Government had to compromise with Mahatma Gandhi.
Champaran And Kheda Satyagraha:-
Non Corporation Movement:-
India got Independence in 1947. After Independence, He tried to stop the Hindu-Muslim conflict, a policy which led to his death in Delhi by Nathuram Godse in 30 January, 1948. We lost our Father of Nation on that day but He will be always alive in the heart of every Indian People.
- A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.
- A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.
- A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people.
- All compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give and take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender. For it is all give and no take.
- Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
- Everyone who wills can hear the inner voice. It is within everyone.
- Faith... must be enforced by reason... when faith becomes blind it dies.
- Fear has its use but cowardice has none.
- Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living?
- Gentleness, self-sacrifice and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion.
- I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.
- I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers.
- I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed.
- I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
- It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
- It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
- Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment.
- Let us all be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one lust for martyrdom.
- Man can never be a woman's equal in the spirit of selfless service with which nature has endowed her.
- No culture can live if it attempts to be exclusive.
- Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
- Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as is cooperation with good.
- Non-violence is not a garment to be put on and off at will. Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being.
- Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man.
- Peace is its own reward.
- Poverty is the worst form of violence.
- Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment.
- Prayer is a confession of one's own unworthiness and weakness.
- Religion is a matter of the heart. No physical inconvenience can warrant abandonment of one's own religion.
- Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
- The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.
- The main purpose of life is to live rightly, think rightly, act rightly. The soul must languish when we give all our thought to the body.
- There is a higher court than courts of justice and that is the court of conscience. It supercedes all other courts.
- There is more to life than increasing its speed.
- Those who know how to think need no teachers.
- What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
- What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
- When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.
- You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.